Basic Medical Billing for Dentists: How to Transform Dental Codes to Medical Codes
Friday, December 8, 2017
9:30 AM to 4:30 PM
CE hours: 6.5
tuition: $335 ADA members
staff employed by NYCDS members, $195
non-member staff, $225
Register by Nov 8 for the Early Bird discount.
FOR THE DENTAL TEAM
Dental practices must know how to file medical claims. This one-day workshop will provide the know-how to help your dental practice transition to dental-medical cross coding. “Hands-on” is the best way to learn, so this course will show examples of dental-medical cross-coded claims and a full hour will be spent on audience participation.
You will learn:
- how your practice can handle a denial from your patient’s dental plan;
- how to protect your practice;
- that improved case acceptance can occur when patients know that they may possibly receive additional benefits from their medical plans;
- to evaluate your practice forms to be sure you are asking the right questions;
- if you are using insurance terminology correctly; and
- to ask the right questions when contacting insurance companies.
This course is partially sponsored by Care Credit.
CEO of Links2Success, a dental management consulting firm. Member of the Speakers Consulting Network, American Association of Dental Office Managers, Academy of Dental Management Consultants, NDEDIC (Electronic Notes, Billing) and International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics. Ms. Taxin is an adjunct professor at New York University College of Dentistry.