Question I received this week.
Why is this so hard?
1. When filing Primary and Secondary insurance, you MUST bill your Full Fee on the patient’s ledger.
2. Submit Primary claim and Secondary Claims.
3. The patient is responsible only for the fee up to the lower of the two insurances.
• For example, if the fee for a crown is $700 from one Ins Co and $800 from the other, then the patient is responsible for his/her portion only up to the lower fee of $700. If the office receives $700 or more from both insurances, then the patient owes nothing.
• The office is ALLOWED to collect up to their office fee.
• If the office receives more than their office fee, they must refund to the Ins Co.
• The patient does not collect any portion of the fee received by the office.