The Lost Art of the Thank You Note: Give Honest, Sincere Appreciation
When I speak I always send a note to the Scouts that asked me to present.
Writing a sincere thank you note is one of the professional skills that can make a lasting favorable impression. People like being appreciated. However, the card is not as important as the effort, so if paper is all that is available, write the note anyway! Use this 6-step formula as a sure-fire method of expressing appreciation in a written note.
1. Greet the Giver: Dear Mr. and Mrs. Smith OR Dear Jamie. It seems like an obvious point, yet many people will begin a note with "Hi" or even omit the greeting.
2. Express Gratitude: Thank you so much for your confidence.The key is to keep it simple and specific. The point of writing the note is to create an expression of a heartfelt sentiment.
3. Discuss Use: I will keep you updated with all changes in dentistry and will provide you with the most modern dentistry possible. Our goal is your health and well being.
4. Another Thank You: Thank them again for the gift. It's not excessive to say thanks again.
5. Complimentary Close: Wrap it up with a close that expresses your final thought: Regards, All the Best, Sincerely, Gratefully, etc. Then sign your name.
6. Send It: Even if your colleagues and acquaintances are not of the note-writing variety, be the one who sets the precedent.
It is the mark of a true professional to become skilled at writing thank you notes in this age of email, voicemail, and text messaging.
Look into Send out Cards Www.sendoutcards.com/taxin